Another day, another excuse to spend money on stuff you don't need. Today, Amazon's Gold Box and Lightning Deals are all Xbox 360 related, with the Deal of the Day being Bioshock 2 on PS3 and Xbox 360 for an appealing $39.99. That's $20 off the retail price, for those keeping score at home. As expected, that's just the tip of the sales iceberg, with the entire day being filled with nonstop game sales. Below is a listing of their clues, with our hints to the side. It's like playing a Professor Layton game, except we usually get it right in fewer tries here.
Note: All times are Pacific.
- 6:00am: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for Xbox 360 (for $46.49)
- 9:00am: Prepare to journey to the darkest reaches of space in this RPG hit. (Mass Effect 2)
- 11:00am: BioWare’s deepest universe to date just got bigger... (Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening)
- 2:00pm: Rock out with your Stratocaster. (Either a Rock Band or Guitar Hero Guitar)
- 4:00pm: A legendary war between two of science-fiction’s most popular characters. (Aliens vs. Predator)
- 6:00pm: Charge up your Xbox 360 controllers. (One of the many Xbox 360 charge docks)
- 8:00pm: This hit franchise comes to life on Xbox 360. (Dragon Ball: Raging Blast)
A lot of cool stuff here, and I think I'll have to check back throughout the day to pick up some of the stuff on display. While I already have most of the stuff, their peripheral sales are usually fairly good, and it's not like any of us couldn't use another fake plastic guitar. You can check it out for yourself here, and be sure to keep in touch and tell us what you picked up. We're anxious to find out.