This is just a friendly note from me to you to let you know about three demos that have become available today. Since everyone loves to get something for nothing, I figured you'd appreciate hearing about the free sample tastes of upcoming games that have arrived for 360 and PS3, just because that's the kind of guy I am. Call it a public service, call it a reminder, call it what you'd like. Anyway, enough from me, on to the details.
First up is the demo for R.U.S.E., the newly released World War II RTS title from Ubisoft. The game utilizes a system that puts a focus on deception and intellect, rather than brute force, to defeat your enemies. The demo features a specially designed mission where you'll play as an Allied forces commander. You'll have to use a series of decoys and ruses to lead your army to the brink of a nuclear conflict.
Second on the docket is the demo for Activision's DJ Hero 2. In it, you'll get to test out the new features for the sequel, incluidng the freestyle scratch, new sampling and crossfading mechanics. First you'll get to play through a handful of tutorials, followed by the QuickPlay mode. The playable songs for the demo are:
- Pussycat Dolls Featuring Busta Rhymes "Don't Cha" Mixed With Pitbull "I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)"
- Lady Gaga Featuring Colby O'Donis "Just Dance" Mixed With Deadmau5 "Ghosts N Stuff"
- MSTRKRFT Featuring N.O.R.E. "Bounce" (Battle Mix)
- Estelle Featuring Kanye West "American Boy" Mixed With Chic "Good Times"
Finally, if rhythm games are your thing, but you haven't invested in the turntable accessory yet, you can try out a few songs from Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock. With narration provided by KISS frontman Gene Simmons, you'll get to try out the story-driven Quest Mode. Four songs will be available, those being:
- Black Sabbath "Children of the Grave"
- Foo Fighters "No Way Back"
- Slash featuring Ian Astbury "Ghosts"
- Dethklok "Bloodlines"
All three demos are available right now for the 360, with the PS3 getting them later tonight with the PS Store update. Now you know. And knowing is half the battle.